recent posts

banner image

Offroad lesson

By offroad I mean this

Image result for offroad bike

Awhile ago, I went offroad biking, for beginners. It was out of the country and the guide was an angmoh who looked like a nerd more than he looked like a rider. Anyways, we spent a day going into a plantation/forest/crossed the river (the bikes were on the boat) and except for the poo emergency, I truly truly enjoyed myself.

I am a natural on the bike even if it was so tall, I couldn't even lift the kickstand, and everytime I stopped and I couldnt feel the flat ground, I'd fall flat on my face. The guide said I had good balance.

I would really love to go on an offroad trip again (planning one next year!) and before that need to jot down some lessons I learnt that I could apply to life.


  • when you choose a path, you have to stick to it even if it gets rocky 
  • when the rocky road is so bad, you will bail, switch roads
  • plan & look ahead when riding, not down at the wheel
  • if you bail, let go, don't hang on to the bike
  • relax &  flow with the bike
  • if you fall, pick yourself up even if others laugh at you
  • if your partner falls, pick him up, laugh at him later
  • cherish the moment, videotape the memorable ones
  • don't show off
Offroad lesson Offroad lesson Reviewed by Surebor on August 24, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.