recent posts

banner image
i waited a year for you,
when you came, u were a bundle of warmth
big,soulful eyes
u were playful, a hound always sniffing
u whined the first few days but i loved you

i knew u would love yr new home
we would accompany each other
on walks as we avoided stray dogs,
of baths u willingly took
and u watching guard as i sleep.

i bought u a collar with a bell,
knowing i'd soon replace it as u grew
i bought cans and cans of food
for the love of my eye always got the best

when u got sick, i was worried
i sent u to the vet too late
u showed signs early, i paid no heed
the night before, i held u close
i told u to be strong, by hook or by crook
i would bring u medical attention

brave little one you are
u held on for me
i kissed u goodbye, see u soon, i told u
u breathed yr last as i left
u took a part of my heart with u when u died

tears flowing, i carried yr still-warm body
and i hugged u and told u im sorry
i buried u in the only house u knew as home
with the one toy u had the chance to own
and i stay by your side every evening

dear lucky, i look at your empty cage and i cry again
u were mine for a short time
but u left an imprint in my heart
everytime u wagged for me
and came to me when i called
u could've been the most beautiful dog
i could've been the luckiest owner
u left me alone, as my lover did

dear lucky, sorry for not being able to take care of you in this life
i promise with all my heart, i'll be with you soon
we'll be together again
you'll never be sick again.

in loving memory of lucky
beagle 21 st nov 2006
Reviewed by Surebor on November 22, 2006 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.