recent posts

banner image

A Ted Talk summary

Top 5 regrets. A survey by hospice workers
Number one: I wish I hadn't worked so hard. 
Number two: I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
Number three: I wish I had let myself be happier. 
Number four: I wish I'd had the courage to express my true self. 
And number five: I wish I'd lived a life true to my dreams, instead of what others expected of me.

Here are the top five things that people with post-traumatic growth say: 
My priorities have changed. 
I'm not afraid to do what makes me happy.
 I feel closer to my friends and family.
 I understand myself better. I know who I really am now.
 I have a new sense of meaning and purpose in my life.
 I'm better able to focus on my goals and dreams.

Now we know from the research that the number one thingyou can do to boost your physical resilience is to not sit still. That's all it takes. Every single second that you are not sitting still, you are actively improving the health of your heart, and your lungs and brains.

willpower actually works like a muscle. It gets stronger the more you exercise it. So tackling a tiny challenge without giving up, even one as absurd as snapping your fingers exactly 50 times or counting backwards from 100 by seven is actually a scientifically validated way to boost your willpower.
A Ted Talk summary A Ted Talk summary Reviewed by Surebor on May 20, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.