recent posts

banner image

On social media


 

There's 2 online incidences this past week, and reinforced the idea that just about any idiot can use the internet.


1. A Buy nothing group that is an outlet for people to post their items for donation

This illiterate SOB (apparently he can't read or he thought this group was a classified) said he was a single father who was currently staying in an apartment in the outskirts, and was looking for help (sympathy?) to find a double storey terrace landed house for RM500. Because he was asked to leave by landlord (gee, I wonder why)

Find me a landed house you can rent for RM500 in the outskirts of KL and I'll find you a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, deal? For RM500, you couldn't even hope to rent a master room in the city. Other forumers kindly gave him suggestion to rent a flat, but noooo...he had health problem, he must stay in a landed property (although he is currently staying in a flat)

I, for my naivety, posted, "You want to rent a landed house for RM500 , kidding right?"

And stepped back cringing, knowing the internet is filled with champions of the less fortunate. About 2 ladies with fake ang moh names stepped fwd to belittle my "character" and "what I posted reflected who I was". Yes, I'm a cynical bitch who tells things as they are, instead of coddling people. Especially those who are looking for patsies like yourself to 'sponsor' their misfortune. Another told me to shut up if I had nothing nice to say. This is a very common theme in this group.

Might I add that the said 'poor' person looking for a house to rent for RM500, had a daughter studying law and also asked for 'donation' for a laptop.

He was pretty rude , and eventually the mods removed his post. Serve you right.


2. This was an anxiety group

A lady posted that her cholesterol was 2xx. And asked if it was high.

Somebody replied and said, yes it was. And the author proceeded to say, she was told it was only borderline.

WTF

You already knew the answer, so why bother correcting the person who said something that did not concur to yours? Were you looking for validation, or the pleasure of telling someone they were wrong?

Makes me think that most people on FB are just attention seekers. 

 Of course when I posted and asked, why did you ask when you already know, she bit my head off. Like a crazy pitbull. Because I dared post something to question her.

Just like driving, we are polite and superficial in real life. And we revert to the monsters we actually are while driving, and while online.

On social media On social media Reviewed by Surebor on March 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.