recent posts

banner image

Always available


Tired of whatsapp and other messaging platforms. It gives the illusion that I am constantly available. I only love my mobile for it's entertainment value, not so much for it's function as communication device. With the mobile, people can call me 24/7. Is that a good thing?

I'm in contact with a person , who would fly into rages if I do not respond immediately. As in, I would be in deep shit, if I do not read and start typing the minute his message is sent to me. I live such a stressful life.

Once, a long time ago, I deluded myself that lunchtime was ME-time. I could read my fav novel on my phone and ignore any messages that came in. Oh, the stress of dealing with the fallout of this delusion. It took hours to cajole that said person. The stress and effort of dealing with the aftermath was just not worth the ME-time.

I'd also get messages asking me to fix things on this website that I'm doing for free.
It's come to the point where I just remove my gmail and company email widget from my phone.

I wish my phone would get stolen more often then I have an excuse not to reply.
Or I'd say my prepaid plan (I'm on postpaid LOL) ran out of credits or out of data. I have to resort to lying just to not be available 24/7.

So tired of this digital life.
Always available Always available Reviewed by Surebor on February 27, 2020 Rating: 5

1 comment:

SGRMSE. said...

it does sound terrible not to be able to unplug as and when you wish to. if i were you, i'd just ghost the person and would rather lose them than hope to lose my cellphone. lol.

Powered by Blogger.